Perspectives is an annual one day symposium hosted by Touchstone Institute in Toronto, Canada. The aim is to facilitate connections among disciplines to encourage communication and knowledge-sharing around topics in assessment and education.
Interdisciplinary and interactive, the Perspectives Symposium has been engaging industry stakeholders since 2015. The following topics have been explored through a day of professional speakers, bringing their perspectives and expertise together to discuss current and future trends.
- 2015 Perspectives in Competency Assessment
- 2016 Perspectives on Communication Competency
- 2017 Perspectives on Successful Transitions for Internationally Educated Health Professionals
- 2018 Perspectives on Assessment Validity
- 2019 Perspectives on Professionalism
- 2020 Perspectives on Standard Settings
- 2021 Perspectives on Virtual Assessment - Cancelled
- 2022 Perspectives on Virtualization
Date and Time
February 2022, details TBC
The events of the last 18 months have compelled Touchstone Institute to reflect on exam delivery models and consider online options. A selection of exams was adapted and administered successfully and was widely accepted by both regulators and examinees. But as we continue phases of re-opening, is it better to change back, or forge ahead with virtualization? Panacea or problematic?