Touchstone Institute hosts its second annual symposium on February 23, 2016, in Toronto, Canada. Join us for a day of discussion and learning about language proficiency and professional communication.
Our symposium aims to facilitate connections among disciplines to encourage communication and knowledge-sharing. Plenaries provide a starting point for exchanging ideas, with presentations from:
- Helen Angus – Deputy Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade
- Lorelei Lingard – a leading researcher in the study of communication and collaboration on healthcare teams
- Tim McNamara – a world-renowned expert in language proficiency assessment based in Australia
- Susan Bosher – educator and curriculum developer for health care related communication from the United States
- Michael Kaufman – medical director of the Ontario Medical Association’s Physician Workplace Support Program
A panel discussion serves a forum for different viewpoints, featuring representatives from: